Today’s FO is http://www.evadress.com/3322.html, overalls/dungarees. This is my second time making the overalls, but I have also made a couple pair of trousers from this pattern. My first pair of overalls were well-loved but not perfect. I used a heavyweight denim that nearly defeated my Pfaff. Most of the sewing was fine, but the buttonholes were in rough shape. Every time I machinewashed them, the buttonholes frayed very badly.
This time, I used a mid-light weight. I also decided to use a zip for the closure. Not only does this eliminate the possibility of frayed buttonholes but makes dressing and undressing much easier. I also added 0.5 inch to the side seams because this denim is 100% cotton with no lycra. After looking at pictures of my first pair, I decided to raise the waistline an inch, but I think a half inch would have been better. I think the straps are too far apart. I should have put them on and marked the bib buttonholes rather than just putting them in the far corners. Even with the few mistakes, I love them. I think I love them even more than my first pair because this fabric is a little softer and easier on the skin.