It feels so good to get back into my sewing room! I haven’t had much luck with muslins lately, so I went back to a TnT dress. The first version of Simplicity 1882 was black and red, completed over the summer. I knew as soon as I finished it that I would make more. Yes, it’s another black one with leopard contrasts. It is the perfect work dress, huge pockets, just enough flare in the skirt for easy movement, v-neck collar that flatters but is modest when I’m leaning over the cutting table. One of our regular customers calls this dress, and the red one, my “50’s diner waitress goth” look. I think that’s cute.
The only change I made to this version was to use the longer sleeve. I was originally going to make a 3/4 length sleeve for winter, but cut it off to make it more versatile. The long sleeve has more ease in the sleeve cap and I ended up with a slightly puffy sleeve.
Leopard Simplicity 1882
I’m still working on my Colette Peony muslin. I think I’ve made 4 by now. I’ve done my FBA and moved the darts. I decided to compare the upperchest of Peony to my favorite blouse pattern. This shows why Peony doesn’t fit me comfortably. Look at how wide and low the armscye is! I can’t decide if it’s worth it to keep working on it.