I know I said I was going to be doing Me-Made-June, but it just didn’t happen. I’ve gotten to the point in my sewing where the Me-Made isn’t the issue. Most of my nicer clothes are Me-Made. The issue is taking and posting the pictures.
I also haven’t been sewing much. Even today’s project isn’t really a new one. We’re getting down to the end of the school year, so I’ve been spending more time just puttering around the house and reading, trying to enjoy my last moments of quiet before the house is filled with the constant noise of pre-teen boys. I’m sure it will pick up soon. I just cut out another Colette Macaroon and ordered my copy of Colette Crepe and fabric to make it.
Today’s FO is Simplicity 1638. Last month, I posted pictures of the whole outfit, asking for opinions on how to fix it. I lowered the neckline a bit, raised the hem and removed the skirt so the bodice is worn as a blouse. I think it does look better with the dark green skirt, but I’m still not happy with it. It just doesn’t fit right even though I made a muslin. The shoulders are too wide, the armholes too deep and there’s just something uncomfortable about having the peplum waistband hit my waist at the same spot as the waistband of my skirt. I don’t think I’m going to keep this one.