Nope, no DIY pics from days 14 and 15. I’ve been too sick for either laundry or sewing, so jeans and tees were worn. Today’s outfit features a “wearable muslin” from Butterick 5429. This is my first time making it and I’m gonna say it’s not quite a wadder but it is a fail. I’ve made other twist tops before and this one just doesn’t lay right. The twist just looks like a jumble of fabric, rather than an actual twist. It’s also a lot looser and shorter than pattern illustration, even after I added an inch in length to the hem. I’m always looking for interesting knit tops, since I can purchase a plain knit top anywhere, but this one is not going into rotation.
On a side note, I think I need to start pre-washing all my trouser fabrics twice or put in more of a break on the initial hemming. All my handmade trousers seem to be shrinking lengthwise in the wash, but at least not in width, too.