I usually don’t do much planning ahead when it comes to my sewing. Over the last year or so, I’ve done some serious culling of my stash to the point where there was none left. That changed over the holidays, with some gift money and major sales, I know have a stash of very wearable fabrics. Since I am in serious need of a wardrobe, I think it would be a good idea to plan my sewing for the next few projects. Not only are the fabrics new, but many of the patterns are, also.
This first dress is Butterick 7509. I originally bought the pattern for the jacket but when I made a muslin of the bodice, it fit perfectly. It is such a simple design, though, that it begs for a dramatic fabric. The fabric is a stretch twill from fabric.com. I’m considering adding a longer sleeve, but if the purple cardi I just ordered matches, then I’ll keep the short sleeve.
This blouse is McCall’s 4606. Because I’m short waisted, I prefer an overblouse style versus a tuck-in blouse. I’ve made a first muslin that needs some tweaks here and there before being ready for fashion fabric. The fabric is a stretch cotton shirting from my local Hancock Fabrics.
This nightgown is Simplicity 2000. I think I might shorten it to tunic length and make it pajamas instead. I am a recent convert to pajamas. The fabric is wonderful! It’s satin on the right side, flannel on the wrong side, from my local JoAnn’s.
I have a couple other new fabrics and patterns, but haven’t settled on the choices. These three projects are enough to get me started.