SWAP 2009 Progress report

Last week, I ordered my print fabric from http://equilter.com/.  Today, I ordered my woven solids.  I’m starting to get really excited about this project.  With the coupon that fabric.com gave me for mentioning their site on this blog, I was able to splurge and get all linen fabrics.  Some of you might cringe at the thought of an all linen wardrobe, (all that ironing!) but I don’t wear my linen that way.  I got my sewing start in Elizabethan costuming.  We used linen for all our underthings.  They were always well laundered, soft, wrinkly and drapey.  The biggest drawback to laundered linen is the prep work.  It will take at least 2 machine wash and dries to preshrink it.  That’s fine by if, in the end, the finished garments are machine washable.  So, let’s have a look at our color scheme, shall we?

I’ve decided on a skirt pattern and a knit top pattern.  I have 2 more blouse patterns to test.  I hope that by the end of the week, I’ll be able to post the storyboard for my SWAP.

Advertisements

About andreahg

I'm a stay-at-home wife and mom to two boys, a cat and two rough collies. I love to sew and knit with vintage patterns, primarly from the WWII era.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to SWAP 2009 Progress report

  1. Amber says:

    I’m looking forward to seeing the storyboard!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s