SWAP 2009 Progress report

Today, I ordered my fabric!  This feels like a huge step forward.  I’ve been waiting to get paid before ordering and it felt like I was just treading water.

Here is my final choice for my print fabric.  It has the same chocolate, blue and cream, but a more classic print.

I’ve also been doing tester garments.  Some of my original plans for patterns haven’t worked out as planned.  I will be using the same skirt pattern, but not the blouse.  My plan is to use Simplicity 3789 as the body, with a vintage collar and sleeve to give it a more vintage look.

This pattern is from their “BCD” collection, meaning it has seperate pieces for B, C, and D cup sizes.  This makes fitting the garment SOOO much easier.  I’ve made a tester blouse, using the sleeve and collar that comes with the pattern, and it looked great.  The 40’s blouse was just doing nothing for my figure.  This week, I will make a wearable, I hope, tester blouse using the collar and sleeves from Hollywood 6151 on the bodice of the above pattern

Advertisements

About andreahg

I'm a stay-at-home wife and mom to two boys, a cat and two rough collies. I love to sew and knit with vintage patterns, primarly from the WWII era.
This entry was posted in separates, SWAP 2009. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s