I had a major feeb moment with this dress. I spent an entire day working on the collar. This collar is not put together the way typical shawl collars are, so I had to really think about the whole process. Once I finished the collar, including top stitching, I put the bodice on my mannequin and realized that I completely flaked on pipping. As you can tell from the picture, the details of the collar are lost in the darkness of the fabric. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to rip out all the stitching and do it all over again, but I’m leaning in that direction. One of the reasons for doing this blog was to encourage myself to take more time with each project and think about each step. The dress will really look more polished with the pipping, so I will do it.