I started this dress last week, so this dress diary won’t be as detailed as I hope future ones will be. This is Advance 6391 which appears to be from 1953. This is the first time I have worked with an unprinted pattern. The big difference in an unprinted pattern is that instead of the pattern pieces being labeled in big, dark ink, they are marked with a series of holes punched to create letters that identify the pieces. I’ve been avoiding unprinted patterns, but it has turned out to be less of a problem than I thought it would be.
I am making view 2, the cross-over bodice. The fabric I’m using is a light weight textured cotton from a local chain fabric store.
This pattern is a vintage size 12 (modern size 8, I think), so I’ve had to scale up. I added 1.5inches to the side seams and another inch in a FBA (full bust adjustment). So far, the bodice fits well.