Today’s project is Hollywood 1144. That’s right, I used neither of the patterns pictured in my last post. I made muslins of the bodices in each of those patterns and decided they were going to take a lot of work to make them wearable. Hollywood 1144 is a basic princess seamed dress, which I know always works for me. This dress ended up being a little loose through the waist, but I think that’s because the pattern calls for waist ties and I didn’t have enough fabric for them. This was a simple grade up and I used my TnT princess seam FBA for the bust. This dress has lots of potential.
BTW, we’ve rearranged the furniture in my living room, so I’m trying to find a good spot for pictures. I think I might have to break down and get a tripod.
Because it’s still quite cold in the Washington, DC area, this is how I ended up wearing it today.